Pidgin is a huge project with a ton of things to be done, even if you’re not a
coder. Below is a short list of things you can do to help get involved!!
- Triage the issue tracker
- Try to reproduce described bugs. If you can find an easy way to
reproduce, leave a comment to explain how to do it.
- Find/mark/close duplicates. Seriously, even just one or two duplicates
found and properly marked is a huge help to our backlog!
- Suggest patches be turned into pull requests, or bring patches to the
attention of the core dev team.
- Help users
- IRC: #pidgin on freenode
- XMPP (formerly Jabber): email@example.com
- Mailing Lists:
- Proofread the documentation–this is a really, really easy way to start!
- Help facilitate translators and translations
- via transifex
- help translate this repo
- other suggestions?
- Convert wiki pages to markdown for inclusion in this repo.
- Walk the links on ThirdPartyPlugins
and mark broken ones as such. This is another really easy way to start!
- Participate in discussion on IRC, XMPP, and/or the Mailing Lists.
For the coders out there:
- Find/fix build warnings
- Find/fix bugs on your own or via the issue tracker
- Participate in design discussions
- Add cool features!